Interior Design - Intermediate
Joy Street Design is an Oakland-based, full-service interior design firm that specializes in residential renovations and boutique commercial spaces. We are seeking a part-time intermediate interior designer that possess excellent design, graphics, organizational and communication skills.
We are looking for an energetic, hard-working, punctual, and personable interior designer. The ideal candidate will have the ability to complete a project from start to finish as well as represent the firm to clients. This position will start as part-time but has the potential to become full time. If this sounds like you, read below to learn more about the position and what you need to apply.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish the conceptual design direction as a response to the program requirements and client’s goals and objectives.
- Create color and finish palettes, create furniture plans in CAD, and source furniture, fixtures, and accessories.
- Assist in the preparation of design presentations and interface with clients and contractors on the job site.
- Provide assistance during project installations and accessory staging.
- Architecture or Interior Design degree from an accredited institution OR 3 years experience in an interior design firm. Experience in commercial interiors is a plus.
- MUST be proficient in Revit.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite programs and Microsoft Office. Proficiency in 3D rendering platforms is a plus.
- Strong communication, organization, time management skills and excellent graphic presentation skills.
- Self-starter, punctual, and organized with careful attention to detail.
- Car and a valid driver’s license required for sourcing and site visits.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. We will not sponsor visas.
Compensation is $35-40/hour. This position is for an independent contractor who will be responsible for their own invoicing, taxes, and medical insurance.
Please send a cover letter explaining your background and interest in the position, along with your resume, references and portfolio to email@example.com. Reference "Hire Me" in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone interview before a formal interview. No calls please. Every applicant will receive a response as decisions are made.