Joy Street Design seeks interior designer to collaborate with the firm’s principal and lead designer. The candidate would be responsible for managing and facilitating all design work from the conceptual and presentation stage through the completion of assigned projects. Candidates should have a strong background indesign and be capable of delegating tasks and working efficiently under deadlines in a fast-pace, busy and creative environment.
· Supports principal designer with all phases of design from concept through construction and installation including design development, research, sourcing, specifications and documentation.
· Drafts floorplans and furniture plans in Autodesk Revit.
· Assists during site visits including note taking, measuring, pictures, etc.
· Sourcing furniture, fixtures, and accessories for client presentations.
· Preparation for client install including identifying accessories and plants and assistance with styling.
· Preparation of client design presentations including moodboards and budgets.
· Interface with clients and contractors on the job site. Schedule all trades, installations, and photographers.
· Provide assistance during project installations and accessory staging.
· Ability to manage budgets and schedules on several projects.
· Maintains updated, detailed, and organized project files and materials utilizing the company’s purchasing software, task management application and templates per company standards.
· Works closely with Studio Manager to ensure consistent client communication and coordination.
• Proficient in AutoDesk Revit. Do not reply to this posting if you are not proficient in Revit.
• Professional appearance, punctuality & discretion.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Strategic thinker who pays attention to detail and is very organized.
• Flexible, self-motivated, and the ability to learn new technology programs.
• A great design sensibility and a strong portfolio.
• Minimum of 3+ years experience in a residential and/or commercial design firm required.
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite programs and Microsoft Office. Proficiency in 3D rendering platforms is a plus.
• Car and a valid driver’s license required for sourcing and site visits.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line "Hire Me: Designer"and include your resume, cover letter, and portfolio. Can't wait to see what comes our way!