An Oakland boutique interior design firm is looking to expand our growing, thriving team with an exceptional, creative, CAD-savvy interior designer. Joy Street Design is a minority owned, women-led design firm that has received extensive recognition from national and local publications including House Beautiful, AD Pro, Elle Décor, CA Home and Design, and HGTV. This is a chance to join a rapidly growing, dynamic, and diverse interior design firm in the heart of Oakland.
This position is responsible for managing and facilitating all design work from the conceptual and presentation stage through the completion of assigned projects. Candidates should have a strong background in design and be capable of delegating tasks and working efficiently under deadlines in a fast-pace, busy and creative environment. The ideal candidate should be energetic, hardworking, punctual, and personable with the ability to interact with other designers as well as represent the firm to clients and potential clients. The candidate must be a strategic thinker who pays attention to details and is very organized.
We are excited to have you join our team and grow with our firm. This is a special opportunity to be part of an exceptionally creative, professional, and high-quality design team. We offer competitive pay packages and generous leave.
· Manage all phases of design from concept through construction and installation including design development, research, sourcing, specifications and documentation.
· Proficient in architectural drafting: Drafts floorplans, furniture plans, and renderings in Chief Architect. Create architectural 3D models (bonus), renderings (bonus),and 2D drawings. Create detailed permit and construction drawing sets, including plans, elevations, sections.
· Assist during site visits including note taking, measuring, pictures, etc.
· Create preliminary client budgets and schedules.
· Source furniture, fixtures, and accessories for client presentations.
· Prepare for client install including identifying accessories and plants and assistance with styling.
· Prepare client design presentations including moodboards and budgets.
· Interface with clients and contractors on the job site. Schedule all trades, installations, and photographers. Collaborate with contractors, clients, and vendors on creative solutions when issues or problems are identified.
· Prepare, manage, and maintain project files, correspondence, drawings, etc.
· Respond to all client, vendor, and contractor emails, calls, or texts within 24 hours.
· Provide assistance during project installations and accessory staging.
· Manage budgets and schedules on several projects.
· Maintain updated, detailed, and organized project files and materials utilizing the company’s purchasing software, task management application and templates per company standards.
· Work closely with Studio Manager to ensure consistent client communication and coordination.
• Bachelor's or Associates degree in Interior Design and/or Architecture.
• Minimum of 3+ years experience in a residential or commercial design firm required.
• CAD Expert. The studio uses Chief Architect but willing to work with someone with at least5 years experience in AutoCAD or Revit. Do not reply to this posting if you do not have at least 3 years of CAD experience.
• Professional appearance, punctuality & discretion.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Strategic thinker who pays attention to detail and is very organized.
• Flexible, punctual, self-motivated, and the ability to learn new technology programs.
• A great design sensibility and a strong portfolio.
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite programs and Microsoft Office. Proficiency in 3D rendering platforms is a plus.
• Car and a valid driver’s license required for sourcing and site visits.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line "Hire Me: Designer" and include your resume, cover letter, and portfolio. Qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone interview before a formal interview. Please do not call the firm – every applicant will receive a response as decisions are made.
Compensation will be determined based on experience.